- Goat Farming or goat rearing is also covered in many Government and Banking Policy as a applied agriculture activity.
- Nabard is a indirect financing agency for goat finance or any agriculture finance.
- Many goat farming programs has been already working in the government scheme for sustainable livelihood for poor farmers, land less labours and tribal development.
- Many of goat farming planning of government is still reserve or concern only for Schedule cast (SC) and Schedule Tribes (ST) ans the poor peoples. For example Madhya Pardesh rural livellyhood project (MPRLP) ,DPIP, and many other NGO is also working in the same parameters.
- Now one scheme is come from central Government and applicable for all states of India. the name of scheme is “INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL RUMINANT AND RABBITS” (IDSRR) In this scheme three type of goat farming planning is available and the limitation of the project is between 1 to 25 lacks. And 25 % subsidy on the goat farming projects for General & OBC Class (other back word class). And 50 % for ST & SC. See the link for more detailhttp://www.nabard.org/pdf/E-2010Cir219_050510.pdf
- Any one of any cast and religion can take easily loan for the goat farming from any Nationalized banks of India.