SHELTER AND HOUSING MANAGEMENT / REQUIRMENT OF GOATS
Requirement of housing of different category of animal is specific. According to their age and growth the space requirements details is given below:
|Space for covered Area
Space for open Area
(open to sky) (Sq. Mtr)
|2||3-9||0.6-0.75||1.2 – 1.5|
|3||9-12||0.75- 1.0||1.5 – 2.0|
table data is scientifically data Refference from CIRG (Central Institute For Research On Goats Makhdoom Mathura U.P. )
- For a simple calculation 10-12 Sq.ft. space is required for covered ( Asbestos sheet / G I / tin sheet) Area and 20-24 Sq.ft. space is required for open fencing/ channeling or Rooming Area
- For a small trial unit of 100 – 125 goats a 60 * 20 Sq Ft Shed is appropriate and economic.
- Due to some scientific reason the shed should be made in East – West direction (long axis) and open fencing should be in North or South side.
- For a big commercial farm 125 * 120 Sq Ft. Area shed is good and economical and it should be make in a central manger or passage system.
- In this system 125 *40 Sq.Ft. is used for covered space and 125 * 40 Sq.Ft. for both side for open fencing area.
- Shed should be make complete inbuilt manger and drinking water mangers /pots system.
- Artificial rectangular feeder is also required for green fodder eating and for open fence area.
- In this shed 300- 325 goats of different age groups can be easily reared.
- If more shed is required for the project ,it should be make in a multiple manner of these shed dimensions.